A Program of Personal Healing and Liberation
The Soul Healing Way is a comprehensive 3-year program for personal healing and liberation based in Nassau, Bahamas. Developed by writer, healer, and teacher Helen Klonaris, and rooted in over a decade of study in the healing arts, it brings together the love and power of story, the deep and ancient wisdom of shamanism as a spiritual technology, and the sacred presence of our interconnection with all life to transform our wounds into our gold.
As a people we share a history on these islands. Some of our experiences have been joyful and triumphant, and others have been deeply oppressive and wounding. All of us are born into families and situations that influence how we feel about ourselves and the world, how we walk in that world, and whether we are able to sustain ourselves in it. The Soul Healing Way is a program that will help us identify our spiritual and emotional wounds, and importantly bring to them the healing they need to transform. It will give us tools to uncover parts of ourselves we thought were lost, and to identify and re-write the stories we have been telling that keep us from living our most exuberant dreams.
Each of us is a miracle. Like the great silk cotton tree, the little green heron, or the mangrove that grows long skinny legs to lift itself above the surface of the water, we too are miraculous creations that have the right to exist on this extraordinary, precious planet Earth. In this program, we will come together to witness and support each other in a healing process of retrieval and transformation, celebrating as we find and bring ourselves home.
Benefits of the Program
We often struggle to create the life we most want to live. And we don’t always have access to the tools we need to help us get there. In The Soul Healing Way, we won’t just talk about what is hard, or what we want to create; instead, by understanding and practicing the ancient and contemporary arts of shamanism, we will actively shift old stories and patterns to create new pathways to ourselves and our deepest longings.
Consider the following questions:
- Where do you hurt?
- Do you find yourself stuck in old patterns you can’t seem to shake?
- Do you feel you just can’t seem to ‘get it together’?
- Do you often feel like you don’t belong?
- Is it hard to sustain yourself financially?
- Do past experiences keep you from having the intimacy you want?
- What is your soul’s longing?
- What do you dream of creating in your life and in the world?
Participants in The Soul Healing Way can expect to learn how to use ancient and universal tools to access the healing they need to change their lives and to live more fully into who they are and what they have come here to do.
In the first year of the program participants can expect to
- Learn about the Shamanic worldview
- Journey into the shamanic realm
- Connect with plant and animal allies
- Experience soul retrievals
- Learn about child developmental psychology
- Understand Jungian human psychology
- Become acquainted with the Hero’s Journey and Rites of Passage
- Discover the Hero’s Journey in myth and folktales
- Use shamanic journeys and shamanic states of consciousness to heal and transform childhood wounds
- Connect with their inner children
- Have a new womb experience
- Experience a joyful re-birth
- Write a personal mythos
- Feel seen, cherished, and welcomed in a safe and sacred community environment
“When our childhood needs were unfulfilled, they left a psychic wake: grief at the loss and a long, plaintive, interior cry for what we missed.” -David Richo